Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Etagere Memories

 
I stumbled upon this etagere in a quaint antique shop in Temecula, north of San Diego.  I fell in love with the ornate doors and scrolled edges.  Our family has been blessed with the gift of travel so to keep memories alive we have collected souvenirs.  As I pass by the shelves in our living room it reminds me of happy times.  The watercolor painting of Hawaii brings back pictures of two little boys building sandcastles with shovels and pails.  On top is a photo of a lula where we sampled poi for the first time.  The third shelf has a picture of a castle we toured in Rhodes.  We bought a plate from Turkey, the best place to shop for Persian Rugs.  A golden Gondola brings a image of weaving through Venice Canals.

I believe the furniture dates to the turn of the century.  I saw it in an old movie dated in that time period.  It stores china in the bottom shelves.  I bought two little lamps with magnolia flowers for extra lighting.  The original etagere began in France in the 18th century. Keeping the old brings memories to share with generations to come.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home