Saturday, December 1, 2012

Travertine Look Alike

We chose to use tile for a fresh, light, look. We tiled our family room, dining area and kitchen for a nice flow.   I wanted the look of travertine without the maintenance.  Travertine is a natural stone and very porous.  If you spill something it has the possibility of staining.  Many people who have Traventine love it but I didn't want to take the risk.  So through a friend's suggestion I went to the Arizona Tile Store for a wonderful selection of tiles.  The assortment of tile was actually visually seen on the floor of the store so the customer can see the pattern.  I wanted a light tile to open the space.  I found NuCream Travertine look alike.  When the manufacturer makes the tile they use a photo image of natural stone so it is so similar its difficult to tell it really isn't Travertine.  There are variations in the pattern so your eye does not see a duplicate pattern.  We also tiled our guest bathroom.

I also chose a darker grout so I never have to clean it.  I figured it was going to get dark anyway since there is not way I am going to scrub it.  The tile is sooo easy to maintain.  The variation in the tile hides spills and dirt.  I was a little worried the tile would be cold but its not.  I  love love our tile.  I will never miss going around with Resolve to try to clean the carpet.  We did carpet in the bedrooms and living room for a cozy feel but the tile is great for the traffic areas.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home