Friday, December 29, 2023

Decorating with Poinsettias


Decorating with Poinsettias at Christmas brings red joy.  
Placing poinsettias by the angel reminds me of joy to the world the Lord has come.
I got so inspired by poinsettias I painted some.
The legend of the poinsettias started with a young girl named Pepita.  She was traveling to a chapel in her village on Christmas Eve.  She was sad because she had nothing to give baby Jesus as a gift during the service.  Her cousin Pedro tried to cheer her up by saying, "Im sure that even the smallest gift given by someone who loves him, will make Jesus happy."  So she picked weeds from the side of the road.  When Pepita came to the chapel she kneeled next to the nativity scene and put them at the bottom.  The weeds turned into bright red flowers.  The flowers were called Flores de Noche Buena, or flowers of the Holy Night.  
I put them on our stair banister to remind me of the miracle of the weeds turning to beautiful flowers.  
I put them in flower arrangements.
 I put them with the wise men who came to see the new born king.  


Love my Poinsettia. Pillow. 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home